Who is qualified to participate in Adult Confirmation?
- Someone who Is an active St. Pius X parishioner
- Has reached their 18th birthday and are no longer in high school
- Has been baptized and already received their First Holy Communion in the Catholic Church
- Has been catechized in the Catholic faith.
- If married, must be married within the Catholic Church. If civilly married, couple must receive the Sacrament of Marriage prior to Confirmation
What Are the Program Requirements?
- Desire to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Recommendation of Adult Confirmation Program Leader
- Attendance at sessions
- Regularly attend Mass on Sunday and Holy Days of Obligation
Who Can Be My Sponsor?
- An adult (16 or older) who:
- Is a fully initiated Catholic (has received the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation)
- Is active, by regularly attending Mass and receives the Sacraments
- Is not your father or mother
- If married, he/she must be in a valid marriage recognized by the Catholic Church.
- Is suitable for this role, and intends to fulfill it
When and Where are the Classes?
A series of three fall sessions:
St. Pius X Church – St. Peter’s Room: October 19, 26 & November 2, 2017.
6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Sacrament to be celebrated on Nov. 8, 2017.
How Can I Register?
- Fill out the online registration form or get one from the Parish Office
- Obtain a copy of a newly updated Baptismal record from your church of Baptism and a copy of your First Communion certificate
- Begin looking for a qualified sponsor