8 am to Noon; 1 pm to 4 pm
8 am to Noon
Join the Parish
We would love to have you part of our Parish family. Below are the ways to join:
Join us at any of our Masses. There are forms to sign up in the gathering area. (Mass Schedule)
201 E. Bayou Pkwy
Lafayette, LA. 70508
Let us know you’re coming. We’d love to visit.
Whether you are new to the Catholic Church or you are returning, welcome home! We are glad you are here, and we are looking forward to meeting you on this journey. We were never met to do life alone, and you don’t have to.
- We are the Church formed by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ 2000 years ago.
- We believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.
- We believe in the Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit).
- We are the largest charitable organization on Earth.
- There are 1 billion of us out there!
- We believe in protecting the family and sanctity of life.
- We gave the world schools and the university system.
- We honor women. Mary, Doctors of the Church, Saint Teresa of Calcutta, the first women to receive PhDs, and more.
- Art. We’ve been involved a bit in that
What the Catholic Church is not?
- We do not worship Mary as God. We love Mary, and are thankful for role in salvation (namely, bringing forth the Messiah). We do not pray to her as we do to God.
- We love science! There isn’t some great battle between science and God. We actually invented the scientific method, proposed the Big Bang Theory, modern genetics, and invented beer. Did we mention beer?
- We don’t practice idolatry. We believe that God is present in the Eucharist. We take literally what Jesus did and said at the Last Supper. He didn’t say the bread and wine was a symbol of his body and blood, but it was actually his body and blood.
- We aren’t anti-anyone. We believe that God is love, and all people must be treated with love. While there are things that are against our faith, it’s never an excuse to be mean to people. Hate the Sin, but Love the Sinner.
Ready to become Catholic?
Ready to learn more? Want to join the Catholic Church? We believe that your relationship with God is the most important in your life, so there are some steps that you have to complete before becoming Catholic. Since it’s the most important thing in your life, you should put intentionality in to it right? Here are the steps.
If you’ve made the decision to become a Catholic, either through Baptism or if already validly baptized, by making a full profession of faith as a Catholic, then you enter in the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA). Here you will be formed as a disciple, entering more deeply into a relationship with the person of Jesus Christ and learning Catholic Church teaching.
At the Easter Vigil, you will celebrate all the Sacraments of Initiation beginning with Baptism.. Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit and the door which gives access to the other sacraments.
Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons and daughters of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word.
The second sacrament of initiation is Confirmation, also celebrated at the Easter Vigil. The baptized person is “sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit” and is strengthened for service to the Body of Christ. We receive the message of faith in a deeper and more intensive manner with great emphasis given to the person of Jesus Christ, who asked the Father to give the Holy Spirit to the Church for building up the community in loving service.
Holy Communion is the receiving of Jesus Christ in the sacrament of the Holy Eucharist, celebrated as well at the Easter Vigil.
Just as it is necessary to nourish our bodies with material food, so also it is necessary to nourish our souls with spiritual food. Our Divine Savior so loved us that He gave us Himself in the sacrament of the Holy Eucharist; He gave us His own body and blood as food for our souls.
Ready to learn more?
Are you ready to enter into the most important relationship in your life? If you think this is right for you, or even if you just have some additional questions, give us a call – (337) 232-4656!
Or get more information about RCIA below.